Frequently Asked Questions
HOW CAN I GET MY MP3 DIGITAL AUDIO DEVICE TO PLAY MY FILES IN TRACK NUMBER ORDER?
- Some programs put the track number as the first 2 characters of the song title (file name) this will cause the player to put the songs in the same order as the CD (or album for those of us old folks).
- If you drag files onto the MP3 players you can arrange them in any order you wish in the file view of your windows computer.
- When you go through the songs on the MP3 player, they will be in alphabetic order based on the file name (song title usually).
- You can’t change the player’s settings to play in anything but alphabetical order.
- NOTE:There is a work around: People can force the play list order by naming the songs with a numeric prefix (i.e. 01, 02 etc) so the alphabetic listing in the player will put them in the order you prefer.
HOW CAN I PLAY WMA FILES THAT HAVE DRM (Digital Rights Management) PROTECTION?
- All our players are capable of playing WMA DRM protected files.
- If you experience any difficulties playing WMA DRM protected tracks, go to the Firmware Update page in the Knowledge Base for your digital audio player and update your firmware to the latest release.
HOW CAN I SWITCH TO THE EXTERNAL MEMORY CARD IN MY MP3 DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER?
- To switch to the external memory once music is stored on the 2nd removable disc you will use the power button and the function switch.
- This will need to be done quite quickly in sequence.
- You will use the sequence of power, power, and then the function switch forward.You can either listen to your tunes connecting via Bluetooth or, using a line in cable.
HOW DO I ADD FILES TO MY MP3 PLAYER USING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10?
- Start Windows Media Player and then connect your device to your computer. The Device Setup Wizard starts.
- Choose a synchronization method: Automatic: With this option, the Player synchronizes content to the device when you connect.
HOW DO I CORRECT THE ERROR: REFORMAT EXTERNAL MEDIA WITH SIGMATEL FORMATTER?
If you have installed the software disc that you received with your MP3 player, you will need to follow these instructions:
- From your computer, click ‘START’ then ‘PROGRAMS’ then ‘MEMOREX’ then ‘FORMAT’
- Choose the 2nd drive
- If this doesn’t correct your error, we suggest that you return the memory card to the retailer for an exchange.
HOW DO I PLAY SONGS FROM THE SD/MMC CARD SLOT?
- You may insert a SD/MMC memory card with a 32MB to 1GB capacity into the SD card slot on the front of the unit, until it clicks into place.
- “USB” or “SD”, the total number of files & “STOP” will appear in the display.
- Press the PLAY/PAUSE button to begin playback; the current file and elapsed time will appear in the display.
- The display will also show the file format either MP3 or WMA.
HOW DO I REMOVE SONGS FROM DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER?
- All you need to do in order to remove a song form your player is make sure that your player and computer are in the ‘on’ position.
- You will need the USB cables connected as well.
- Open a window’s browser or double click on “My Computer” and find the MP3 player’s drive.
- Locate the song you wish to remove right click on the song and choose the delete option.
WHY ARE THERE TWO DRIVES SHOWING UNDER “My Computer” FOR MY MP3 DIGITAL AUDIO DEVICE?
- The first removable disk is for the internal memory and the second removable disk can be used when you have a memory card in the Mp3 player.
WHY DO I GET AN ERROR TRANSFERRING VIDEO WITH WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER – “Windows Media Player cannot convert the file to the format required by the device”?
- Windows Media Player (WMP) is trying to convert the file.
- To change the auto convert setting you must have your media player connected to the computer.
- Start WMP and go to the “Tools” menu, select “Options” and click on the “Device” tab.
- Double click on the listing for your media player and choose the “Quality” tab.
- Uncheck the box next to “Convert files as required by this device”. Click “OK” to sve your changes and synchronize your video files again.
WHY DOES MY MP3 DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER TURN ON, THEM OFF IMMEDIATELY?
- Your player is locked.
- There is a button on the side with a symbol that looks like a padlock.
- Make sure that this is in the up position for the player to be unlocked.